The Making of
CAPTAIN CLEGG'S NIGHT CREATURES
by Bruce G. Hallenbeck
The best of Hammer's pirate adventures
This 1961 classic blends a
mixture of the supernatural (those marsh phantoms) and great action. With
Cushing, Patrick Allen, Oliver Reed, Yvonne Romain and Michael Ripper.
It remains one of Hammer's greatest films!
John Temple Smith (Producer)
Peter Graham Scott (Director)
Allen (Lead Actor)
* Peter Cushing wrote his own Dr. Syn script at the time! Wayne Kinsey and
producer John Temple Smith talk about this forgotten treasure.
* "The Horrible Historie of Dr. Syn".
Denis Meikle looks at the Dr.
novels of Russell Thorndyke
* "The Ladies of Hammer 5"
Jonathan Sothcott talks to
(TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA
& BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW)
*A Photographic Tour
Behind the Scenes at Hammer:
Full page photos showing interior and exterior sets
and how Hammer filmed their horrors!
* "Interview with Kenneth Hyman"
by Denis Meikle.
Hyman and his father were the secret powers
behind the throne at
Hammer. Find out about the inside
dealings during Hammer's heyday.
* "The Corporate House of Hammer"
by Wes Walker.
To keep the company afloat
Hammer played many business games and operated under many different company names. Wes Walker takes you behind the scenes on the business history of our favorite horror film company.
* also the latest in book and magazine reviews * Hammer News * DVD Reviews
* Hundreds of rare photographs including many behind-the-scenes
Front Cover painting by Steve Karchin
Back Cover painting by Norm Bryn
Interior art by : Bruce Timm