The road from entertained to entertainer may seem longer than the yellow brick road to Oz, but finally the secret steps have been revealed. Go from behind a camera to in front of a camera by following such inspiring, award-winning coaches as Mike Starr, Kathryn Joosten, Will Sampson, Richard Dreyfuss, Ernie Hudson, Irma Hall, James Gammon, Bill Erwin, Erick Avari, Lee Garlington, Lindsay Hollister, Richard Thomas, and Beverley Todd.
From closed doors to klieg lights, move smoothly into the toughest business while you are still far from theaters and stages. Learn how to practice at home, sharpen your technique, and get your name before the public open. Casting directors will soon love your audition.
- Uncover the mystery of improvisation
- Master body doubling, voice work, and stunting
- Learn what to do before, during, and after auditions
- Study how favorite performers transform themselves into characters
- Acquire tips on preparing for roles
Foreword by Mike Starr. Illustrated with over 100 photos. Index
About the author: Jason Norman is the author of Behind the Screams. He has won two Virginia Press Association awards and also is a college English professor.